Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12, 2008

YAY! I FINALLY MOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, today was the first day over 60 degrees that didn't rain in over two weeks!  In fact the high at my house was 66 today, and it was during the two hours that I mowed.  After working 11+ hours at work yesterday I felt justified taking an hour off to get a jump on it.  Good thing because my wife had a get together tonight.  I would be embarrassed to take a pic of my yard before I mowed, but here's a shot afterwards.



Oh, and it was pretty tall, so look what my compost bin looks like now that I added all that green grass (and a full under-sink can of compostables).



I didn't mix it in very well, but I fluffed it  a great deal before I started adding the grass.  If it doesn't heat up tomorrow I'll mix it up and maybe add some water.  It looks a bit dry but I figured the grass would moisten it up a bit.

Lastly, thanks to Tim for making me jealous of his pole beans.  Mine are 9 inches at best and his are 9 feet and producing like crazy.  He's only 3 hours south of me and experiencing the same crappy spring I am.  How fair is that?  Boggles the mind.

Enjoy your garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment