Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26, 2009

Hey folks, short post.  Seems folks have been running into a bit of technical challenge, needing to re-register.  Sorry about that. I have no clue what's going on. If it continues, feel free to post anonymously and I'll approve comments.  I don't mind.  I'll ask Judy to look into it assuming I can't do it myself.  You know how technically illiterate I am.

Anyway, the weather's gorgeous out there, in the 70s today, and I've already watered, so it's time to play with my kids.  They've taken to wanting to ride their bikes so we have for the past two days.  They enjoy it.

On the garden front, the broccoli is just about over-done, but we still have some in the crisper, so I may be pulling it regardless this weekend. 

In addition, I'm on a quest to find out just how a tomato plant got into my watermelon bin? Now that KitsapFG confirmed that I don't have a watermelon growing, I know it's a tomato plant.  How it got in there I have NO idea.  I am interested to find out what variety it is, since I know I didn't plant it.  More on that as it grows.

Other than that, this weekend is going to be spent on renovation work. We need to paint and install quarter round and base molding throughout the house and pressure wash the roof and siding a bit.  Oh, and there's the little problem of my bathroom drain not working, so I need to remove the toilet and snake the drain.  Joy.

If I get time, I desperately need to mow the lawn and put up the trellis in the main garden.  I think my peas and cukes are starting to grab hold of anything they can. hehe.

Hope you enjoy your garden!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another jam packed working weekend for you. I hope you find a little time to play in the garden too. If nothing else, for the peas and cukes sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I hate house renovation! We're still in the middle of it ourselves! We have more wood laminate flooring to put down and just can't seem to find the time (or energy).

    ReplyDelete