Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3, 2011

This post isn't exactly what I'd planned it to be. I've been working on a concept for a bit but it just hasn't come together.  However, going through my pictures I realized I took a fun chicken video that I wanted to share.

So this post will be short as I'm just getting in from a fun pre-4th BBQ at my brother's.  He makes the best burgers on the planet.  He takes the amazing recipe I've used for years (since he shared it with me) and has doctored it further to add home-grown spices galore.  It is so flavorful it's unreal! 

Anyway, I've always said I picked the wrong Buff Orpington.  She's way too aggressive for such a docile breed.  Don't get me wrong, from the way they eat at the food trough or when I put the treat bowl in their ark (left overs and scraps), it's like she's 4th fiddle.

I know I say some harsh things about her in this video, but she is still a sweety... a strong willed one but cute as a button. Just don't pick her up as she fights like mad and tries to get away.  I can't remember how many times I chased her around my garage when she got out of the brooder. hehe.


Otherwise, all the chickens are growing well.  I believe Buffy is the largest bird, barely overtaking Summer for the biggest.  I saw my brother's birds today and his Buff Orpington is one of the smaller birds.  Odd.  Anyway, sorry if the video quality is poor. I tried uploading again from Photobucket and it didn't work, so this came directly from the camera uploaded to Blogger.  Anyway, it's the audio that's important.

Enjoy! And Happy 4th of July to all of you. Stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. Rich is just a pix ... no video to play...:(
    clau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, it worked fine on my phone. Maybe it's a Mac thing. Hehe. Anyone else having issues?Claudia, it worked fine on my phone. Maybe it's a Mac thing. Hehe. Anyone else having issues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video works fine on my mac. That is one noisy chicken. Sunday dinner perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy is she MAD! Love how the others stink eyed her the whole time.
    Ribbit

    ReplyDelete