Thursday, April 10, 2014

CHICKS!

That's right, the chicks arrived, two days sooner than expected. Guess the poor postal service didn't like all that peeping. Hehe. We here at the farm sure do though. It's music to our ears.  And without further ado, here are the girls, tired from the move.


I did move the heat lamp down a bit just in case, but I think they are just getting used to their surroundings.  Here's a good pic of them not through the murky Rubbermaid container.

The kids want to name them again. I let them as they're ok with the fact that they're not long for this earth.  Speaking of which, the two remaining hens aren't laying still, so they may not be long for this world either.  Anyway, here are some close-ups for those of us that just can't get enough chicks.

My Barred Rocks...

My Rhode Island Reds...

And last but not least, my Buff Orpingtons...

And lastly, in case you were thinking it was just me liking the little girls, here's what happened when I opened the lid on the box they came in...

Peep... peep!

5 comments:

  1. The chicks look soo cute, Thank you for your blog, I have been found it a few months ago and read it all, thanks to your info I was finally able to convince my spouse to get a couple chickens. Thanks so much. All of this will really help with our grocery bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found it useful. I hope you enjoy your hens as much as we do. Feel free to share my ramblings with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute little chicks. Lovely :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely chicks, If you need Thesis Writing Service, then you can avail our services and score great!!.

    ReplyDelete