Friday, September 5, 2008

9/5/08 *Special Post on Comments*

Man, this spam is really getting annoying.  I'm getting over 30 spam comments a day to moderate.  It's a royal pain to spam each individually so I've taken to bulk spamming them, trying to catch real posts from being spammed.

It appears that I missed several posts somehow this morning.  I was going fast and maybe I missed them.  Anyway, several comments went bye-bye.  That's not good, but the worse news is that those commenters maybe blocked.  Jen, you're one of them since you posted last. 

If you try to post a comment and it doesn't work, please shoot me an email or just post without using your login and let me know. I'll try to figure out a solution.  Grrr.

Sorry folks. I think this is the purpose of spam, to stop content from getting on the net.  hehe.

Enjoy your garden!

6 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for the last while, and enjoying it. I'm planning to start SFG in the spring--though I'm hoping to really get started with garlic this fall.

    For spam, try the Akismet plug-in for wordpress--it usually does a pretty good job of catching the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing, testing!

    Sinfonian, all that spam just shows how popular you are! I got my first and only one last week...I guess I haven't "made it" yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, hey. *Tap tap tap* Is this thing on? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, it doesn't like my login, but I can still apparently comment at will, so I can live with that. ;) Hope your spammers find another hunting ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm catching up after not reading in the last couple weeks. Thought I would post and see if I'm blocked as spam. Grrrr....kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! Yeah, it was really bad for a while. But I did get Akismet spam filter installed and it is working well. It catches all the spam and only some of the new posters. I go through the list quick to grab the real ones on occasion.

    Now if only Wordpress would put back the spellchecker! Grrr

    ReplyDelete