Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011

Short post today. LATE night last night out with friends and watching their 1 year old while they went dancing.  That late night was followed by an early morning taking my eldest swimming.  In a few hours I need to be in a pool myself for a birthday party my youngest is attending (they need parents in the water). 

That said, I still plan to get some activities done garden wise.  My brother wants to go to the Bothell feed store to look around and see what they sell in the way of chicken supplies.  I hope to go with him to ask if the day they get chickens is more like a concert ticket line or a trip to the corner store on a Tuesday.  Hehe, should I be there 2 hours before they open the day they get the chicks or whenever is fine.  I also want to see about how much this is really going to cost me.  My brother hopes to get going for about $300.  I could probably swing that.

The other thing I hope to do is to make some more soil blocks and plant a few tomato seeds.  I hope to order my Legend and other tomatoes Monday, but I do have several varieties in the fridge from last year.  Other than that, today is a busy family day.  Gotta love those.

Thanks KitsapFG for the confirmation that hens are on the loud side early in the morning.  Definitely going to be a fun conversation with the neighbors...

Enjoy your garden!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great that you and your brother share so many garden and homestead adventures together.

    Hope you had a great day with both the boys today.

    ReplyDelete