Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4, 2008

Election day is here and gone, and thus ends the nearly 2 years of political junk.  Ah, no more negative adds that are so clearly garbage it's laughable.  Anyhow, I really hope you voted.  How you voted is totally up to you, but I hope you made an informed decision and looked at all sides.

Sorry that I haven't been posting a ton lately.  Mostly it's because there's nothing to say.  My garden is growing, slowly.  But frankly, I haven't seen it so I can't really report on it.  I have always had a goal to post daily updates, but I'm running out of things to say.

I will say that yesterday I finished the first draft of my article for Garden Girl's ezine.  And thanks to the comments, I think I found my muse and wrapped it up perfectly.  Of course, we'll see.  I've never done something like this, but it's fun.  And honestly, since I wanted to make people realize that they too could start a garden with absolutely no experience and a black thumb and still grow amazing produce for their family, this allows me to reach more people.  It's all good.

Another random comment I will make is that a month ago our wonderful city decided to switch to bi-weekly yard waste and recycling on alternating weeks.  I was against it and told them so.  We create more recycling than one can recycle every other week.  As for the yard waste, with all the other stuff we can recycle now, I'm not sure I want Cedar Grove's compost, hehe.  Thank goodness I make my own!  Anyway, today is the day to put out the yard waste container (of course my recycling bin is full).  Driving home I didn't see one person having theirs out.  Much as I'd like to hope they all had compost bins for their yard waste, I think it's that nobody's raking their leaves until all the leaves have fallen.  I for one am waiting to put them into the bins until I only have to rake once.  Hehe actually I don't rake.  Since I've got to mow them into little pieces anyway, that's how I get them scooped up.  And anything that remains on the ground will compost in place.  Bonus.

Well, I'm exhausted, so time to hit the sack.  Tomorrow I need to water. 

Enjoy your garden!

5 comments:

  1. Hah, that's funny... Seattle's currently on alternating yard waste and recycling (which is primarily why we can't compost meat/dairy) weeks, but I heard that we were switching to weekly yard waste sometime next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the article for garden girl's ezine will be great! Make sure you provide us readers a link, so we can read it too! You'll find something to blog about....it's ok, i'll still check it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your random comment made me get up and call the city to find out when our neighborhood will get the recycling trash can. The last time I called they said in the summer, now they're saying late November. We'll see.

    The city provides our recycling trash cans (they're specifically made to automate the collection process). If yours does, you can try calling and asking for a second one.

    Congrats on the ezine thing. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on getting the ezine article put to bed! I look forward to reading it and second engineeredgarden's request that you post the link so we can find it easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it must be hard to write everyday plus keep up with all the gardening chores as well. I visit my top three favorite blogs everyday...yours, EG's and Granny's! I love the gardening advise but you keep me laughing too! So thanks for your hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete