Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7, 2008

Dang Horizon Air.  I spent 3 hours running all over Sea Tac airport trying to catch a ride to Spokane for the groundbreaking ceremony of a project over there.   Unfortunately they didn't inform anyone that it was canceled until you got to the gate.  Then after waiting in a half hour line with the rest of the passengers I found out that the next flight was overbooked and the one I was on would get me there an hour after the event ended, and an hour before I was to return.  Insane!  Thank goodness the client agreed and the kind folks at the gate on the other end of the airport took pity on me and refunded my money.  On the bright note, I found that it's painless to take the bus from downtown Seattle to the airport and it's only $1.50, compared to the $45 I spent on the cab ride down there.

Also unfortunately I didn't get a chance to crack my book.  Though I did want to thank the folks who thought it was a good idea to have a discussion about the points I find interesting in there.  I am really looking forward to reading it.  However, I got back to work around 1 and immediately hit a wall.  12 to 14 hour days will do that to you I guess.  I'm not as young as I used to be. 

Of course that didn't stop me from going out to dinner and a very fun showing of the Little Mermaid at the Seattle Aquarium.  The kids had a blast seeing the wall of fish (a floor to two-story ceiling aquarium with tons of fish in it), and the octopi that were HUGE.  Very cool!  Then it was candy, popcorn and juice while they watched the movie. 

The only garden thing I'll comment on is that we've had several days of winter storms.  Heavy rains (flooding in outlying areas) and extreme winds.  Not only did my garden stay warm and dry, but my hoop covers held up like the troopers they are!  Hehe.  Pretty cool. 

Well, we start moving again at 9 am but hopefully I'll get out to take some pics of the garden to share before I head out.

Enjoy your garden!

1 comment:

  1. Did the airport shuffle huh?! LOL! I used to love to fly/travel - but now I really much prefer to just avoid the airport all together.

    The evening at the aquarium and movie with the kids sounds like a blast. We love to do the aquarium and woodland park zoo too.

    ReplyDelete