Friday, February 1, 2008

February 1, 2008

Glad it's Friday.  Sure I only worked 3 days this week with a "weekend" off in the middle, but after coming down with the cold my kids had during that time, I'm exhausted.  Sick and tired... literally.  Still, I got my second straight day of my whole family greeting me at the door when I got home.  Then immediately after getting my coat off, Logan wants to see the garden.  As I expected, nothing had happened on the germination side, the lettuce and onions are taking longer than the broccoli and cauliflower.  I say I expected it because Judy left a comment today that told me they'd be slow. 

That's fine, because my eldest then said, let's go to my room and see the rest.  So he ran off and waited for me to pull down the cool whip container with the second set of broccoli and cauliflower seedlings.  He proceeds to count the sprouts for me.  Sure enough, still eight.

The funny thing is that these week old seeds are already as big or bigger than my nearly month-old sprouts in the garage.  I wonder if I shouldn't bring them in?  Are they going to mature faster than the recent plantings now that they've been stunted (assuming they survive)?  Kinda defeats the purpose of spacing them out if they're now on par with the new ones.

Since I'm not feeling well and have nothing more to talk about today, I'll keep this one short (for once)... unless I think of more later, and don't think I won't  try.

No comments:

Post a Comment