Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29, 2009

Man, the last two days were fun, but I realized I have been neglecting my blog.  Two nights in a row we went for a walk.  It was our standard power walk, but it sure felt great to be active again.   We were back to doing our 3+ mile walk in under an hour.  However, the second night it rained most of the walk.  Thankfully we kind of dressed for the occasion. 

It seems I'm up to my old problem again.  I've got salad makings ready in the garden (well, only greens), but for the life of me I can't seem to get up the desire to eat it.  GRRRRR. Sometimes I wish I were a vegetarian. /sigh.

I wanted to let you know that it's no use. I can't figure out which tomato plant is which.  Well, not all of them.  I still have a few options open to me, but I'm resigned to the prospect of them being mysteries.  Heck, if I like one I'll just say I do on the bag of seeds I save, hehe.

My brother called tonight to tell me that he had planted out the rest of his tomatoes in the ground, along with tons of cucumber seeds.  My cukes are not doing so well under the hoop cover.  Three of the five have survived and I've got 3 upstairs hanging out under lights.  That means I need to plant tons of seeds.  It seems my inside germinating experiment with cukes didn't turn out well.  Half didn't germinate and half of those that did didn't handle the nights in the mid 30s.  Grrr.  So much for cheating Mother Nature and starting the summer crops early.  More on that experiment come the May issue of Patti the Garden Girl's ezine.  Hope you have subscribed to it. 

Well, that's it for me.  Sorry for the short post.  Work's heating up and the garden is feeling a bit of an afterthought right now.  I can't wait for the weather to improve and it starts to thrive.

Enjoy your garden!

1 comment:

  1. I just had a mixed greens salad for dinner with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, it was very good. The recipe is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete