Friday, October 10, 2008

October 10, 2008

Quick post because I'm utterly exhausted and my eyes won't stay open.  Long week, way too busy and the market is making me crazy.  Just remember, you only lose money in the stock market if you sell.  So buy low and sell high.  Duh!

Tonight I was going to go to my brother's and pickle some cucumbers.  I went over there after work and we got everything ready, only to realize we didn't have fresh dill.  The store where we got it last time was out so we ended up talking for a few hours and I went home.  The new plan is to hunt down dill and do it tomorrow night. 

In addition, we are going to use the 20 or so tomatoes that ripened all at once rather than slowly over the winter like they're supposed to.  I've wanted to make salsa, so I'm also going to buy some onions and chillies and peppers tomorrow so we can make salsa and can it.  I can't wait!

Well, short post because I need to be well rested for a long and hopefully very productive weekend.  The weather's going to be better tomorrow then Sunday, so you know what that means... POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stay tuned for the post of the year tomorrow (late after the canning session).  If I weren't so tired I'd be wide awake with excitement.  Wish me luck or post poundage guesses from my 1 pound of russetts. hehe.  Darn, I should have done that last week.  Day late and a dollar short I guess.

Enjoy your garden!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rich! I know -- this was such a crazy week economically... And you're right, you only loose if you sell low.

    I can't wait until tomorrow to find out (and see pics!) of your potato harvest.... I'm anxious!

    I can't even imagine how many potatoes you're going to have in that bin.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's a bunch LOL I know what a "bag" of potatoes looks like at the grocery store.... so, I'm going to kinda use that as a guide.... and I'm going to guess..
    .
    .
    .
    .
    let's see a huge bag of potatoes weighs 10 lbs., right?
    .
    .
    .
    and you've had that bin growing for a long time!
    .
    .
    .
    .
    so I bet you have some HUGE spuds in there!
    .
    .
    .
    .
    jeezzz.... I am horrible at guessing things like this LOL
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    but.....
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I'm going to guess.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    80 lbs.!!! Is that a good number? That would be alot of potatoes, right! Because I think you are going to have a great harvest from your potato bin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tater time!!!! Finally, the moment we've been waiting for. I'm going with 30 lbs.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see. How about 57 pounds?

    ReplyDelete