Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1, 2009

Happy New year again all.

I for one spent the day watching the Rose Bowl (I was about $10,000 a year in scholarships short of going to USC for college), so I was rooting for them. Oh and they were the Pac 10 school playing.  Glad they won, other than that it was no biggie.  Mostly, I spent the day playing with the kids, and keeping them from their mother, who has that 24/48 hour stomach flu that is NASTY stuff.  I sure hope none of us get it (yeah right).

I wasn’t even planning on posting today, but Patti the Garden Girl made me.  You see, her monthly ezine came out.  Again, I was asked to contribute.  Personally I think this is a better article than my first, which was basically a repeat of what I’ve posted here and elsewhere countless times.  It’s on SFGardening.  So if you already get Patti’s newsletter sent to you, let me know what you think.  If you don’t, and would like to read the story, let me know and I’ll forward it to you (assuming I’ve got your email address).  You can either comment here or send me an email (sinfonian_barelytone(at)yahoo.com). 

If you haven’t visited Patti’s forum, or seen her countless videos on YouTube and elsewhere, they’re all amazing, and she’s gathered experts on areas of soil and chickens to help answer questions.  Gotta hand it to her, she’s on her toes!  Check her out.

Lastly, Marion went a step farther than I on my December 29th post about Monsanto.  She commented, leaving every Seminis variety listed on their site.  Thank you Marion!  Check it out if you're interested in not-supporting Monsanto.  Two odd things about it.  One is that I've been to the Seminis site and can't find the list she pasted.  The second is that I don't find Yellow Pear on her list, yet it's on Territorial's list of Seminis purchases (also I think the only open polinated one).  Oh, and yes, I'd be honored to plant a yellow pear tomato plant if I've received the seed in trade or purchase from a gardener rather than Monsanto.  Let's see them sue backyard gardeners RIA style.  That would be laughable.

Enjoy 2009!

1 comment:

  1. I grew cherry yellow pear tomato's a couple years ago, I scooped the seeds from a display garden in Niagara... Is that wrong?

    Anyway I will look to see if I still have some seed that I can share.

    ReplyDelete