Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31, 2008 / January 1, 2009

Happy New Year all!

Out with 2008 and in with 2009.  May your gardens grow and produce more of your families needs than ever before.  I know that's one of my resolutions.  Grow more in the same amount of space.  Learn from my mistakes and get better.

I also resolve to try to use open source or heirloom varieties and try to save my own seed. 

Finally, I resolve to eat more from my garden than I have in the past.  To find creative ways to work our fruits and vegetables into our diets daily through variety.  I know it can be done, figuring out how is the hard part.  What can't be eaten, I resolve to preserve for use later, or share with family and friends.

I hope you have similar goals for 2009, maybe even expanding on your garden.  I sure wish I could without going completely nuts.  hehe

Enjoy your garden, and 2009!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sinfonian - wishing you and your family a year full of good health, laughter, and lots of time in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second to eat more from my garden. I ate most of it but I am guessing a quarter either stayed in the fridge to long or was not picked soon enough.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family! Here's to 2009 being the BEST!

    ReplyDelete