Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22, 2009

Well, so many of you posted great comments about my brother's garden, I thought I'd share some interesting thoughts he's had recently.

Since we're both into gardening, and he's taking it a step futher by researching the heck out of sustainability efforts, he thought it would be nice to combine those ideas for the betterment of our area.  He's taked to me briefly about creating a sustainable city site for our area.  It would be part social networking, part blog, part how-to/DIY, all surrounding a more sustainable Mountlake Terrace, WA.  He envisions a link to my blog and some of more pages from me (like that dreaded composting page I've threatened to make for a while now), while he handled the sustainable efforts.  The social side would include workshops and plant sales and the like. 

It's ambitious and we couldn't do anything until after the house is done, which is pretty late to start anything this season, but who knows.  It's a good idea, and it works nicely into both our personalities.  We both get a kick out of helping others.  He's been more local in his efforts as I've utilized the internet mostly.  He was part of the disaster relief efforts in Washington State and our county and is still called upon by folks to help out.  That's just how he is.  I hate to say it after the many years of him picking on little old me, but he's one cool brother.



Hope you had a great weekend and all you fathers out there had a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very rewarding and worthwhile project to undertake! Fun too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful. People really respond to things like this, and it feels good to do it.

    ReplyDelete