Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16-19, 2008

Busy week. Trying to squeeze 5 days of work and a two weekends of play into 3 days has been insane.  Work's been insane, play's been fun, but sleep's been non-existent.  Our friends teaching in Germany and Asia over the last decade have been in town for a week and we've tried to spend as much time with them as possible.  I met him two weeks before college started. We went hiking together for a get-to-know-you activity and it rained constantly. We ended up singing folk songs in the tent at night.  We were fast friends.  I met her living next door to her in college when I was in the Spanish House and she in the French.  They're an amazing couple.  They do storytelling of tales from around the world.  They are phenomonal and the kids love seeing them do their stuff. 

Anyway, last night was a late night listening to them then having a late dinner and playing at a park (they've got a 3 year old and the kids had a blast).  Tonight was a BBQ and a night of X-Box Rock Band (music folks, go figure).  It was a blast, but it put us behind the 8 ball for packing for camping. 

So a quick post to let you know that tomorrow I water thoroughly and harvest broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, lettuce, spinach, radishes and onions to take with us camping.  I'm so happy that my garden is being put to good use to feed my extended family this weekend, meeting all our produce needs!  My brother can't even compare to that, and he's the master.  I get to share my newly acquired green thumb with the whole family.  What could be better?  Oh yeah, corn, but alas, nothing showing yet.  Maybe tomorrow when watering I'll see something.

So, I hope Judy makes it back to Ft2Garden.com, as I said I'd hold down the fort last weekend but this weekend's my turn to head out of town.  I encourage everyone reading this to go there and register and help make that site the most comprehensive gardening site for raised beds.

I now have to pack up the kids and camping gear, and hopefully get to bed in time to harvest in the morning.  Tomorrow we're also going berry picking on the way.  It's a great time to spend with some of Logan's classmates and Jinny's co-chair on the board.  What a great family!  And bringing fresh berries to camping will be a special treat for everyone, especially the kids, who LOVE berries!

No comments:

Post a Comment