Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 13, 2008

Very short post today.  The weather's really crappy out. Everyone at work was commenting on it, though it had nothing to do with gardening.  Myself, I was thinking that I should ask Judy how often to water an SWC in fall and winter, since that's the weather we're having.  50 and rainy grey.  And to think it's going to be 80 on Friday.  I'll believe it when I see it.  That said, my tomatoes are getting a little droopy and aren't growing at all.  I think this weekend I'll get some mulch for the top to keep it from getting any water in the holes I cut to feed the plants through. 

Good news, I got a shipping confirmation from Johnny's for my trellis netting. Hopefully it will get here this weekend so I can set it up. 

I've also asked on GW about my un-sprouted potato. I hope I can force it to sprout, or maybe cut off a portion of a multiple sprouting seed potato and replant it in the blank spot, or at very least, get a new seed potato soon to hope that it catches up with the others. I would hate to have tons of open space in my Butte bin.

Well that's it for tonight, the kids are both sick with different things and my wife's at wit's end after cleaning up every mess imaginable.  I had better go relieve her.

P.S. after getting the little one down because the eldest was going to eat and unfortunately we're starving the little one to keep anything in his stomach, my wife asked me to empty the crisper.  Tons of store-bought veggies were well past their prime.  So into the compost bucket with the dryer lint and other stuff from the week.  It had been a few days since checking the temp and when I did (raining at the time) it was down in the 90s.  It was dry when I cleared the middle so I wetted it down a bit and then dumped the great mix of greens and browns into the middle and recovered it with mostly composted grey matter.  Let's hope it heats up nicely.  I've had to much positive experience so far with it I'm not sure what I'll do if it stops working, hehe.

Enjoy your garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment