Friday, May 16, 2008

May 16, 2008

Short post cause it's late. Another great walk due to amazing weather.  And if you're wondering the garden loved it!  Corn sprouted all over the place, so did the pole beans and the bush beans and the radishes and lettuce  and even a cuke!  I also took the opportunity before our walk to succession plant two more SF of carrots and spinach, two more rings of radishes around my broccoli seedlings, two more SF of salad bowl lettuce because it appears I have less of the basic lettuce ingredient in salads than my fru fru lettuce.  Finally, before I got to bed I've got to start more pole beans to complete a third square. I don't think I need to succession plant pole beans since they just grow and grow.  So one thing off my list and the weekend's not even started yet, hehe.

So anyhow, the big news for today. After our walk I went out and cut myself a salad, came in, washed it and ate it!  It was sooooo much better than any store bought produce.  I had spinach, three different lettuces, one for taste, and two for color, and radishes.  The italiansheir wasn't as peppery as I remember it, and neither are the radishes despite sitting in the ground an extra week, but it was still tasty!

Enjoy your garden!

1 comment:

  1. Ah man -- I miss the salads!! It's too hot here for lettuce and radishes anymore.... You are beginning to reap the rewards of all that hard work!

    ReplyDelete