Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7, 2008

Well, for some bizarre reason, both Ft2Garden.com and Judy's blog are down right now, but my blog, which is apparently on the same server, is up (for the time being).  So I'll keep this post short.  It's been raining today so not much going on in the garden after work.  In fact, I hear it pouring outside now.  Thank goodness Mel's Mix drains well. 



I wanted to take a picture of my beans under my cold frame.  It's not as noticeable of a soil temperature change using my small window compared to covering the entire bed.  The difference was 53 degrees compared to 47.  Still, the beans have got to like it under there. If nothing else it's saving the seeds from a drenching right now.    Notice how it's a bit tilted, that way it covers as many of the new pea seeds I planted to re-seed the ones that rotted.  I'd say about 15% didn't make it the first time.  We'll keep planting until the entire row is sprouting peas. 

The only other thing I have to share is where my SWC will be.  It'll be right next to the coldframe in the picture above, in between the two beds. 



The space is exactly 24 inches wide, perfect to place a SWC such that both tomato plants can take advantage of the trellis.  The trellis I'll build will span both beds.  The one I've got for my peas will either be layered over the other trellis or replaced by it entirely.

That said, I'd better get my SWC set-up right quick. I just talked to my brother who said to go ahead and get my tomatoes in the ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment